There are a lot of tools and resources I use in any given day in my online business. I thought it might be a helpful resource for you to list them here.
Disclosure: Some of the links to sites and products below are affiliate links. This means that I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase using that link. All of the tools and resources listed below are ones that I personally recommend because I use them everyday in my business. None of these are essential to your success – they can just make your life easier and potentially expedite the whole process of building a profitable online business.
- Market Samurai: This is my one stop shop for mining for “money words”, checking SEO competition, domain availability and more. I’ve been using it since it came out and it has paid for itself many, many times over.
- Longtail Pro: Although Market Samurai is my main weapon when it comes to keyword research, I’m finding myself using Longtail Pro more often everyday. This might possibly dethrone MS as my main keyword research tool in the very near future.
- Google Keyword Tool: As a completely free solution, you can’t go wrong with Google’s own keyword tool. It’s fast, comprehensive and easy to use.
- WordPress: There was a time when I used to hand-code all my sites. Once taking a weekend to wrap my head around WordPress, I’ve never looked back.
- StudioPress: Some of the classiest, most professional themes available for WordPress. I use it for this very site.
- Thesis: I use the Thesis theme for the bulk of my affiliate sites because it’s dead easy to set up and maintain and it looks classy as hell.
- Aweber: In my mind there is only one option when it comes to email marketing solutions and Aweber is it. They have the best deliverability rate in the business and make running email campaigns easy.
- The Best Spinner: I used to be skeptical about the whole concept of article spinning but when my eyes were opened to the power of it I went for this industry-leading software. It saves me a boatload of time and is quite literally worth it’s weight in gold.
- Unique Article Wizard: The foundation of my business is built on a solid backlinking strategy that has UAW at it’s heart. It’s a monthly investment but the results I get from it make it worth every cent.
- Google Analytics: Just like their free keyword tool, Google’s Analytics software is exceptionally good for a free solution.
- Clicky: One of my only gripes about Google Analytics is that it doesn’t give me real time data. Clicky allows me to see up to the minute stats in a way I find a lot more digestable. It’s free for one site and well worth trying as a great analytics alternative.
This list is a work in progress and does not currently reflect every tool I use in my business. If you have any questions about any of the above resources, feel free to contact me anytime (I’ll get back to you within 24 hours).