Webmasters and affiliate marketers have lots of choices when it comes to promoting their products. They can comment on blogs, create videos, exchange links with other websites, bid on AdWords and so much more. In spite of all that, the best and most affordable way to market any website or product is through article writing.
Promoting a website or product is nowhere near free, but you can always promote your products using article marketing for free. If you write well enough, you can also increase the traffic going to your website.
To get you started with this cheap and sustainable way of advertising, I’ll give you a quick step by step guide to remember.
1. Create a winning title. This is the first thing that a potential lead sees when searching information online. You should make an effort to make your title stand out. You must give them a very compelling reason to find out more information and read your article. If your heading is not catchy enough, you will lose a multitude of potential customers.
2. Focus on the first and last paragraph. These are the most important parts of your article, aside from the title of course. I think you already know that most readers don’t read until the end unless given a good reason to. For that, you should choose your words correctly in the first paragraph. Whatever you put there; make sure your reader will be convinced to continue reading.
3. Write as many as you can. Writing continuously will help you become better at what you write about. It also establishes your reputation as an expert in your niche. To do that, you should list things that you can write about your chosen keyword. Your articles should be interconnected with each other so that your readers will await the next material you’re going to publish.
4. Make a good resource or author bio box. A good resource box is SEO friendly and reader friendly at the same time. What I mean is, it should have anchor links that are keywords related to your niche and it should also be enticing enough for the reader to click on the link.
5. Make sure that your articles are search engine optimized. There are many points that should be remembered here:
a. The keywords should be mentioned at least 3-5 times for a 500 word article. Ideally it should be mentioned at the first and second paragraph.
b. The title should have the keyword, preferably it should be in the first 3 words
c. The author bio box should have a keyword as an anchor text.
I know these steps may seem like a lot to take in at first. Don’t fret; it’s not as hard as it sounds.
Once you’ve mastered these steps, you’ll be able to write quickly. You will also be able to advertise your website and products through writing.
Spread the word
Get free updates